Feb 26, 2012

butter, peanut butter.


Last night I went to see one of my favorite bands in concert. It was honestly the most amazing concert I have ever been to. Even though it was an amazing experience I still cannot hear properly and my throat is upset with all of the screaming I did last night.

I had been waiting to see this concert for months. I bought tickets when they went on pre sale back in November. It was a long wait and I am glad that it exceeded my expectations. Just like this peanut butter is above and beyond delicious. It tastes exactly like the store bought kind!

I've always had an obsession with peanut butter. Always.

I will put peanut butter on just about everything; carrots, crackers, bread (toasted and non toast), cookie dough, ice cream, pretzels... the list is endless.

I knew it would not be too complicated to make, I just never had the food processor to do it with. Let's be honest, a blender just wouldn't of done the trick.

So one day I was watching TV and on one of those wonderful cooking shows I saw someone make peanut butter. I stored the recipe in my brain and decided I would give it a go.

There is no set recipe for this, it's all about what your taste buds want. Mine wanted some honey, a little bit of salt, and a little bit of sugar.

Peanut Butter
adapted from my mind

yields about 8-10oz

2 cups of peanuts (dry roasted and shelled)
2 tablespoons of peanut oil (maybe a little less)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon honey

1. Put the peanuts into the food processor and turn on. When you see your peanuts start to form a paste (less than 5 minutes) stop the food processor.
2. Add the salt, sugar, and honey and start the food processor again.
3. As the food processor is on slowly add your peanut oil. Let 1 tablespoon incorporate and judge to see if you need more.
4. Taste this wonderful creation and adjust the salt/sugar/honey ratio as needed... then, you're done!

Add more or less time depending on the consistency that you like your peanut butter. Also remember that you could also add other things in like chocolate!

Make sure you put the peanut butter on something right when you're done because it will be super warm and delicious :)

Can your peanut butter or put in an air tight container. Stick in your fridge and it will last up to two weeks.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers