Apr 2, 2012

black bean & sweet potato soup and quinoa corn bread


This is a super food meal.

The kind of super food meal that contains every single vitamin, protein, and nutrient packed all into one bowl and one piece of corn bread.

How, you may ask?

Well....
red quinoa, chia seeds, sweet potatoes, black beans, celery root, cilantro, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, leeks, tomatoes, onions, carrots, and more!

AND the best part?

Gluten AND dairy free. Well except for the fact that I only had regular skim milk in my fridge and not almond milk (for the corn bread).

I super highly recommend each of these separately and together. So many flavors! A healthy meal that is far from bland.


So on this monday, the start of the week, I suggest you make something that makes you feel good. Something that doesn't affect your waist line, and will still make you feel super full.

So give it a try! and while you're at it read this super awesome blog I found the recipes from. I just found My New Roots on Friday and I'm already in love. Check it out!

black bean & sweet potato soup, here.
quinoa corn bread, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers