Dec 23, 2011

c is for cookies and monsters



My furry feline Chester, the ginger, is one friendly cat. When new people come over he won't let you pass through the front door unless you pet him. He likes pitching in and helping with chores. Well in reality he likes to lay on top of laundry piles and on the dishwasher door when it's open. Not much help, but he likes to think he is pitching in.



Yesterday a friend came to visit and we made a whole bunch of delicious goodies. We whipped up: Cookie monster cupcakes, ritz peanut butter sandwiches dipped in chocolate, oreos dipped in chocolate, and peppermint rice krispy treats. And like with all visitors Chester was too excited to put into meow's. He had a great time getting his chin blue with left over frosting, and kept trying to get onto the counter to steal peppermint extract.

Why a cat would want peppermint extract is beyond me.


So I tried starting my New Years resolutions early, you know the normal ones... Get to the gym everyday, start eating healthier (again), get more sleep, post on here more, yaddah yaddah. Nothing is really working out. I have been to the gym once since I've been on vacation, and I baked all of these treats. The good news is I'm getting a new car? That really has nothing to do with anything, but it was something I knew I would need in 2012.

I decided that this year, is my year. I am going to be a better me.

I'm going to do things like spend less money on clothes and put that money in my savings instead.

I'm going to be a better friend.

I'm going to keep my room clean and do my laundry before it piles to the sky.

I'm going to clean out the basement and organize the garage.

Things are going to happen. This is my year.

Peanut Butter Cracker Sandwich Cookies
adapted from mine and my friend's childhood memory of these little guys

2 Sleeves of Ritz crackers
1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
12oz of dark chocolate
8oz of semisweet chocolate
6oz of white chocolate (optional)
1/2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil

Prepare 2-3 cookies sheet with wax or parchment paper, and make room in your freezer.

1. In a small bowl mix 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Use the peanut butter mixture and make little sandwiches with the crackers.
2. In a double broiler (or a pot filled with water and a bowl on top of the pot) melt the dark and semisweet chocolate together and once the chocolate is completely melted stir in vegetable oil and take off heat.
3. Take a sandwich and fully submerge in chocolate. Using a fork lift the sandwich out and drain/lightly tap off excess chocolate. Move your sandwich to a cookie sheet and gently let the sandwich slide off your fork and onto the cookie sheet. (You shouldn't have to use your fingers for this)
4. Repeat step 3 for all sandwiches. When you fill up a tray pop it in the freezer so it sets faster.
5. When all sandwiches are dipped and set melt the white chocolate in your double broiler. When white chocolate is smooth add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
6. Using a fork drizzle white chocolate over sandwiches. When done let set in a freezer for a few more minutes and then package up. :)


I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a super fun New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers