Nov 10, 2011

pita pizza

More and more I realize how learning takes time. It takes patience, practice, and a lot of remembering that work doesn't have to be your life. Life can be your life. I've been at my job for nearly 8 months now. My first big girl grown up corporate career job. Yes that is a lot of adjectives, but I've been waiting my whole life to say them. Just now I am fitting in, I am learning exactly how things work and I can actually answer questions with confidence. Sure most of these guys are twice my age and have been working in this field for as long as I've been alive, but hey.. I can do this. I CAN DO THIS. ( <-- maybe the age thing is an exaggeration. )

The point is in 1 month I will have had a BFA for an entire year. In that year my life has turned upside down, but in mostly good ways. Ways I have only one person to really thank for. God. I've learned that nothing will go according to plan when you expect it to and the least expected situations turn out the best.

Now onto more important things like current events, or weather..... oh and pizza, with hungry kitties.

Today it started snowing. Last week I started listening to Christmas music. The other day I bought a tiny little Christmas tree for my desk. Yes, the Christmas season is upon us and winter is lurking around the corner.

With winter comes the season of feasting. The season where your jeans may get a little tight and you might cry at the thought of stepping on the scale. Is there a reason why comfort food always has to be about calories and carbs? No, not really... it is just what we love. Well here is something that humans, and apparently cats, can be comforted by without having to buy a new pair of jeans. *sigh*

PITA PIZZA!

Best. Invention. Ever.


PITA PIZZA

1 whole grain pita, or 2 if you're starved.

toppings of your choice... I used:
1/2 of a vine tomato sliced up thin and then halved
(using a tomato instead of sauce makes it that much healthier!)
small handful of spinach
1 tablespoon of diced up sweet onion
small bits of fresh mozzarella
sprinkle of goat cheese
small sprinkle of salt free garlic and herb spice
a bit of fresh parm on top

1. Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put your toppings on your pita
3. Put in the oven for 5-7 minutes and then flip your oven to broil. This will brown up your cheese, just make sure you don't brown up your pita too much
4. Add parm, and serve :)

Just don't feed any to your cat who has an obsession with carbs. That's right... Chester is a carb-o-holic. He likes to steal bags of bread from the table and eat slices until his tiny stomach poofs up. He has a problem, we are getting him help. No worries.

PS- Tomorrow is our Chili cook off at work. Look out for a delicious Chili recipe! Half my mom's, half my own creation.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers