Sep 13, 2011

Spaghetti Squash with Pesto Butter

Tonight marks the first night in a long time that I busted out a new recipe. It happens to be from that lovely 5 Ingredient Fix book by Claire Robinson that I posted the other day. Beware of these lovely iPhone photos you are about to see, or looked at before you peered at my mumbo jumbo. It is unfortunate that in my move almost a month ago I misplaced my DSLR. I'm sure it will turn up sometime... I mean I still have unpacked boxes stacked up behind a closed door.


So this recipe... is beyond delicious... beyond spectacular... beyond anything I could have ever dreamed! The pesto butter is very versatile, it would taste good on more than just spaghetti squash. If I were you I would make a double batch, maybe triple. I am the type of person who likes garlic bread with my pasta, with salad, with any 'ole dinner. This butter, is PERFECT for garlic bread.


This dish is so easy to make, it just takes some time to roast the squash. My recommendation is to throw the squash in as soon as you get home from work... it could take over an hour to roast depending on the size. So throw it in the oven, put your feet up, change into sweat pants, watch some television... do what you do to relax and worry about that pesto butter later.



Ingredients:
1 Spaghetti Squash
1/4 cup grated romano cheese
8 roughly chopped basil leaves
4 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1 roughly chopped clove of garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Spaghetti Squash
Adapted from 5 Ingredient Fix

375 degrees
1. Take your squash and slice it from top to bottom starting at the stem. Clean out the guts & seeds
2. Season your Squash with salt and pepper and put it in the oven for 1 hour or until the squash in completely soft and easy to fork into spaghetti!
3. When the squash is done fork out the insides and put onto serving plates


Pesto Butter
Adapted from 5 Ingredient Fix

1. In a food processor throw in basil, pine nuts, and garlic. Pulse until it forms a paste
2. Throw in the romano cheese, and butter. Pulse until fully incorporated
3. Store in an air tight container.


When the squash is in spaghetti form and on a serving plate (or bowl) dollop a bit, or a lot of pesto butter right on top. I sprinkled some extra cheese on top and then mixed it around to incorporate everything. I also sliced up some ciabatta bread and ta duh! A delicious meal.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers